I would say that this skirt turned out pretty well. The craftsmanship isn't the best, but I am learning. I did learn that sewing a hem on a skirt with pleats is tough. Or I am doing it all the wrong way. Also I learned that pipping drives me crazy. Something I need to practice more on.
Sewing with toddlers is always an adventure. Add in a puppy and the adventure just got even more fun. While I was sewing Virginia brought about half of the playroom out into the living room and left it there. Cookie ate a crayon and almost ate one of my dress pins. Oh and the great mommy that I am kept Virginia up til about 11:00pm. Because I was dying to have her try it on and she didn't want to go to bed til her special skirt was finished. Sadly I kept having problems with the elastic that I didn't finish the skirt til the next morning. Just in time for her to wear it to story time at the library.
This project was definetely a good learning experience. I learned I need to read up more on pleats and pipping. But this summer I am making it my mission to try new sewing projects and not to be afraid. I know I am going to have to make mistakes to learn and move forward.